RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW COMER FROM THE STATES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H IVAN
Junior

PostPosted: 22.10.2003 07:02    Post subject: NEW COMER FROM THE STATES Reply with quote

I'M A NON NORWEGIAN SPEAKING NORWEGIAN FOOTBALL FAN. I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA AND ENJOY FOLLOWING NORWEGIAN FOOTBALL OVER THE INTERNET. I READ THE NORWEGIAN ON LINE NEWPAPER VGNETT AND GENERALLY SURF THE CLUB SITES AND VARIOUS HOMETOWN NEWSPAPERS FOR ARTICLES ABOUT MATCHES, PLAYERS, TRAINERS, TRANSFERS ETC.

TRUTHFULLY, I BEGAN TO FOLLOW FOOTBALL TO LEARN NORWEGIAN AND FIND MYSELF LEARNING NORWEGIAN TO FOLLOW FOOTBALL. I WOULD LIKE TO INQUIRE IF ITS PERMISSABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT WORDS AND PHRASES I MAY HAVE TROUBLE WITH AS I FOLLOW THE SEASON (SOON TO BE POST-SEASON)? I KNOW THIS IS A FOOTBALL FORUM NOT A LANGUAGE COURSE, BUT UNDERSTANDING DOES ENRICH ONE'S ENJOYMENT. ALSO, ROSENBORG HAS DONE AN OUTSTANDING JOB OF DOCUMENTING ITS PLAYERS AND TRAINERS, BUT SOME OF THE OTHER WEBSITES ARE RATHER LEAN IN THIS REGARD. IS THERE A KIND OF ALL PURPOSE LEAUGE WIDE PLAYER EVALUATION WEBSITE? AGAIN, KNOWLEDGE ENRICHES.

THANK YOU FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY TO GET IN TOUCH. ITS LONELY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD AND I'D LIKE TO HERE FROM Y'ALL.

HILSEN
H IVAN

Last edited by H IVAN on 22.10.2003 09:13; edited 1 time in total
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 22.10.2003 07:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that you are quite free to ask about words and phrases. For convenience, it might be best if you kept all such questions in one forum thread, possibly a followup to this message.

Side note, we the readers would be grateful if you don't write everything in CAPS. On the Internet, that counts as "shouting" and is considered a bit rude.

Welcome!
H IVAN
Junior

PostPosted: 23.10.2003 00:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the advice. I can see right away that I'm going to have to learn another new language. I'm unsure as to the meaning of forum thread. Is that a new topic, or a continuation of this topic in the form of a reply, such as I am doing now?

Is there a website with these terms and definitions that I could use?

Back to my original line of thought: I come up against the word "spillemessig", in fact I see quite a few words that end in "-messig" which are not in my dictionary, nor is "messig" by itself, and I have a very good Norwegin-English dictionary.

Thanks for your help,
H Ivan
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 23.10.2003 08:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

H IVAN wrote:
I'm unsure as to the meaning of forum thread. Is that a new topic, or a continuation of this topic in the form of a reply, such as I am doing now?

Hm, I could as well have said 'topic' as 'thread'. Reply here and we're fine Smile

Quote:
Is there a website with these terms and definitions that I could use?

Not to my knowledge...

Quote:
Back to my original line of thought: I come up against the word "spillemessig", in fact I see quite a few words that end in "-messig"

"-messig" (from german Mass, "way, measure"), suffix that makes an adjective from a noun. Something which is in comply with, is similar to or specially marks what the noun mentions.

spillemessig - that which is special for the game or the way of playing the game. "gamewise"

Other examples:
bymessig (by = town): townlike
regelmessig (regel = rule): regular
rettmessig (rett = right): by right, rightful
vanemessig (vane = habit): habitual
H IVAN
Junior

PostPosted: 24.10.2003 01:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks very much! I'm very impressed.

Hilsen
H Ivan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb