RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rini Coolen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 20.07.2018 20:39    Post subject: Rini Coolen Reply with quote

The Norwegian champions surprisingly axed Kare Ingebrigtsen after requiring a controversial injury time penalty to beat Iceland part-timers Valur in the first qualifying round.

They’ve appointed Dutchman Coolen until the end of the season at least, but his track record shouldn’t worry Brendan Rodgers too much after he was sacked from his last five jobs as a boss.

In 2006, Coolen was given the bullet by Twente Enschede after a poor series of results, before the same thing happened at AGOVV Apeldoorm after nine games without a win.

The former Heracles defender then left RBC Roosendaal and moved to Australia with Adelaide United where he tasted initial success.

But he was axed after a winless run and he took the club to court after a messy sacking. He was eventually awarded £400,000 in an out-of-court settlement.

Bizarrely, Coolen took charge of Caribbean island Aruba, but lasted just six weeks after losing three of his four games to St Vincent and Grenadines, St Kitts and Nevis and Antigua and Barbuda.

That was his last job as a manager, before he took roles as an Academy boss at homeland side PEC Zwolle and then Al Shabab in Dubai, before taking on the same role at Rosenborg.

But he’s convinced he’s the right man for the job after being thrust into the role.

Read more: Celtic vs Rosenborg: Norwegians’ boss Rini Coolen’s last job saw him lose to teams such as St Vincent and Grenadines, St Kitts and Nevis and Antigua and Barbuda

In 2006 he was a candidate as new assistant coach in Barcelona, replacing Henk ten Cate.

His official resume @ LinkedIn:

Al Shabab Al Arabi Club UAE
Supervisor
augustus 2016 – augustus 2017 (1 jaar 1 maand)

PEC Zwolle
Director Academy
juni 2013 – juli 2016 (3 jaar 2 maanden)

Arubaanse Voetbal Bond
National Team Coach
2015 – 2016 (1 jaar)

Adelaide United FC - A-League
Head Coach
2010 – 2012 (2 jaar)

RBC Roosendaal - First Division
Head Coach/Technical Director
2008 – 2010 (2 jaar)

AGOVV Apeldoorn - First Division
Head Coach/Manager
2006 – 2007 (1 jaar)

FC Twente
Head Coach/Manager - Premier League
2004 – 2006 (2 jaar)

FC Twente
Co Trainer/Coach 2nd Team - Premier League
1999 – 2004 (5 jaar)

Heracles Almelo
Co Trainer/Coach 2nd Team - First Division
1996 – 1999 (3 jaar)
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 21.07.2018 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of his career:

"If you don't score goals yourself and your opponents take their chances, you know it's going to be tough", started FC Twente coach Coolen his analysis at the post-match press conference.

"They deserved to win. We created opportunities, but we failed to take them."

Read more: Coolen: "PSV deserved to win"

Coolen, who spent 12 years as a player in the Netherlands, said his coaching style was typically Dutch.

"I'm a Dutch coach, so you think in a Dutch way,'' he said.

"I prefer to play with good organisation, with a lot of goal chances, a lot of technical moments, not too much high balls ... everybody wants to play like that.

"But if you are a good coach, you have to analyse your players, what can they do, and what they don't, and that I have to find out, I have to take time for that.

"The way you want to play depends on the quality of the players.

"I am going to find out if it's possible with this squad, if it's not, then we have to take time.''

Read more: Adelaide name Dutch coach

ADELAIDE United coach Rini Coolen says Friday night's 2-1 win over Melbourne Victory was a crucial one for the Reds for several reasons heading into the A-League finals.

The Reds clinched third spot with the victory, which delighted Coolen along with the fact they snap a three-game winless run to take winning form into the finals.

"You have to win a game like this for several reasons, first of all for position number three. So you keep it in your own hands," Coolen said.

"The second reason is to get the confidence back. Everyone knows now Adelaide is back in business. Third it's a special game, it's a special game for our supporters."

Read more: Rini Delighted With Third Spot

“A quick review because you don’t need so many words with a game like this ” was how Adelaide United coach Rini Coolen summed up his team’s disappointing 0-0 draw with Newcastle Jets on Friday night.

At least the post-match press conference was quicker and arguably less painful than the 90-minute stalemate the 8,403 fans who turned up at Hindmarsh Stadium were forced to endure.

It was Adelaide’s smallest home crowd of the season – excluding the ‘home’ fixture Gold Coast United played at the compact venue – with the Reds shedding fans at the rate of about 2,000 per match.

That’s not surprising given the sort of football they’ve played this season and much of the blame lies squarely at the feet of Rini Coolen.

(...)

He seems a nice enough fellow but after releasing Adam Hughes, Paul Reid and Dario Bodrusic during the off-season, how can he turn around and claim United are now in desperate need of replacement players?

The club is going backwards and not only do they appear to lack the backroom staff to change things, they’ve also managed to get offside with an increasingly hostile local media.

And all this under the auspices of Coolen, who at the start of the season signed a new four-year deal which locks him at the club until 2015.

Good luck to him and Adelaide United but at the rate they’re going, it’s hard to escape the feeling Rini Coolen is the weakest link at the struggling South Australian side.

Read more: Rini Coolen, you are the weakest link

Coolen said he decided to take legal action against Adelaide United not only because he said the Reds had a contract to honour but because he thought if he didn't do it coaches' contracts would not be worth the paper they're written on.

The Dutchman remained silent for 13 months while the battle was played out in the courts.

Coolen said he appointed one of the state's best legal teams to take care of business but he didn't see the lawsuit as a personal attack on the club.

Last Tuesday, Coolen received a $760,000 payout, including $360,000 in legal expenses. The Dutchman said the past 13 months had been the worst of his entire life.

"I wanted to send a clear message because if I didn't fight for this another coach could be in the same predicament," Coolen said.

Read more: Former Adelaide coach Rini Coolen calls for formation of coaches union
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 22.07.2018 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolen admits he was stunned to get the job but, along with new assistant coach Trond Henriksen, has vowed to be fully prepared for Brendan Rodgers’ men.

He said: “I was asked to take over and I said yes because I want to help the club and the players. We have to adapt now.

“I didn’t expect this 
situation – but now I’m 
looking forward.

“Everything is new to myself and Trond. But we’ll analyse the opponents and find 
weaknesses that we can exploit with Celtic.

“We also have to stay close to Rosenborg’s playing style that has already delivered good results.”

Read more: New Rosenborg boss Rini Coolen to hold crunch talks with players ahead of Celtic clash

Video interview after his first training today.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 23.07.2018 08:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Aberdeen and Rangers keeper Theo Snelders knows Coolen better than most after working under him during his two years in charge of Twente Enschede.

(...)

He told Record Sport: “I worked with Rini at Twente Enschede. He was assistant coach to Rene Vandereycken at first and then he took over.

“Rene was an experienced player and coach and could see danger ahead at Twente as the club had real financial problems. They were close to administration and could only bring in free transfers or injury-prone players and Vandereycken decided to leave.

“Rini was a young, promising coach and Twente didn’t have money so they gave him the responsibility. The club had a three-year plan to balance the books and Rini did very well in his first season.

“We beat Ajax away and that was a sensational result for us because it was only the second time in the club’s history they had won in Amsterdam and the first time in 14 years.

“But the second year was tough because people expected more and it wasn’t possible with the squad we had.

“He was a promising young coach when he took the job but for him it was the wrong step. Twente were a bit of a rollercoaster at that time and I’d call it crisis management. That kind of experience will ensure he’s equipped to handle the Rosenborg job.

“He’s a calm guy with a good personality and gets on well with players. It still can’t be easy to be placed in a situation like this with the backlash.

“He is a very good person, he has knowledge of the game and can really spot talent. He is tactically very aware and can spot danger from the opposition.

Read more: Is new Rosenborg boss Rini Coolen the man to steer Norwegians out of crisis ahead of Celtic Champions League showdown?
Jitta138
Proff

PostPosted: 26.07.2018 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the posts, got a better idea on the man in charge now. How are the supporters reacting? I tried to google translate my way through the Koteng - Kare saga, but what is the situation atm, especially after what I would call a defeat-by-manager?
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 27.07.2018 00:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The supporters appear to be extremely polarized - many support the boards decision to end Kåre's reign, others think it was a huge mistake to let him go. Diplomacy between the two groups are at an all-time low. Most people also seem to question the timing.

And the pro-Kåre people think that the anti-Kåre crowd hates everything he stood for, while the people who supported the sacking seem to think the Kåreans behave like a cult.

Very much a simplification but I wouldn't expect these groups to agree on anything any time soon.
zaphod81
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 27.07.2018 09:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jitta138 wrote:
I tried to google translate my way through the Koteng - Kare saga, (...)

Laughing

I think that constitutes 'cruel and unusual punishment', and I can't see why anyone would subject themselves to such a harrowing experience. And adding google translate to all the Norwegian confusion?

Ok, I've changed my mind. Could be fun.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.07.2018 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

His full name by the way: Marinus Johannes Coolen
Jitta138
Proff

PostPosted: 28.07.2018 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod81 wrote:
Jitta138 wrote:
I tried to google translate my way through the Koteng - Kare saga, (...)

Laughing

I think that constitutes 'cruel and unusual punishment', and I can't see why anyone would subject themselves to such a harrowing experience. And adding google translate to all the Norwegian confusion?

Ok, I've changed my mind. Could be fun.

Ah, I can assure you it IS fun Laughing

I try hard to at least recognize some of the words (since I have been trying to follow news in Norsk last 15 years) yet it rarely happens.

Back to the issue, even if this 'parting of the ways' was necessary and justifiable, does not make me feel better about seeing Kare go, as he really left a good legacy and great memories behind.
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 28.07.2018 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe even the people who really wanted Kåre to go will at some point in the not-so-distant future see him as the hero and savior he was. He rescued us from a REAL shitty coach and made Rosenborg fun again. He made us resemble our glory days and remember our finest moments. And he did it smiling and cracking jokes.

Then eventually that kinda faded out, and the "new car smell" was replaced by the stink of shameful 3 o'clock McDonalds meals. Ok, so I exaggerate, but thinks gradually went from happy-go-lucky to something somewhat less than that.

And while he was a fine savior, the board did not think he had the ability to take us from "always among the best in Norway" to "regular European contenders (if not for the titles)".

It seems hard right now, but it is actually possible both to be eternally grateful to Kåre for his efforts, and think it was time to try something new. Smile
Jitta138
Proff

PostPosted: 28.07.2018 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much agreed. It is crucial though to have someone who has the capacity to take the team further, before breaking up with Kare. Do you think Rini was planned, or just the temporary solution? I really think since the fresh car smell was long gone (considering the quality of football presented since the beginning of the season), could there be a bit more if pre-planning?

Pro-Kareans and Anti-Kareans have a go at each other like...North Kareans and South Kareans Very Happy Sorry I know not funny and slightly politically incorrect (or maybe I have been exposed to Dutch political climate too much)
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 29.07.2018 00:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, don't worry, it sounds like that in norwegian as well so the south vs. north Kåreans has kinda been alluded to as a conflict that isn't about to end any time soon. Smile

I really don't know (and don't understand) what kind of planning the board has put into this. If it was really necessary to get rid of Kåre right at that moment, then having more of a plan than "we'll get someone from our own ranks who knows what football is and then eventually get someone much better than Kåre" seems a little risky right before the most important match so far this season. Given that the board decided Kåre had to go, perhaps they felt the only fair way was to do it right away, but I haven't seen any convincing arguments why this was the only way to go.

I'm thinking there's gonna be a bit of a debate about this in February or so at the annual meeting where the members (who, when it comes down to it, are the people who elect the board) will want to know the reasoning for doing it in exactly this way..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb