RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How did you become a Rosenborg supporter?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 04.01.2005 11:14    Post subject: How did you become a Rosenborg supporter? Reply with quote

In Norway people usually start to support Rosenborg because they have some connection with the city of Trondheim: born here, live here, have lived here, have parent(s) from the city e.g.

Foregin Rosenborg fans however have often more interesting stories about how they did become a supporter of the pride of Trondheim.

Just before christmas I e.g. read an article in local Trondheim newspaper Adresseavisen about a 12-year-old boy in Bulgary who became that engrossed over RBK and Norway after the famous 2-1 win over AC Milan in '96 that he started learning Norwegian by himself. By teletext on a friend's TV he found the postal address of Norsk språkråd, an organization fronting Norwegian language both here in Norway and abroad. They sent him textbooks etc., and made him send them letters in Norwegian in return.

A few years later the boy spoke perfectly Norwegian, and now he's a student at the College of Lillehammer (HiL).

RBK

Now it's your turn: Tell your story!
Czech rbk fan
Senior

PostPosted: 04.01.2005 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That´s great!. I am (a big) fan of RBK since I got a letter (in 2000 I think) with photos of players with their own signatures. So I said - Rosenborg is great club, so I will be a fan of it! So I am Very Happy . I am fan of RBK thanks to beautiful norwegian nature, winter (I like it) too.
By the way. I am going to study norwegian language in a high school from new school-year. So I will be able to comunicate with you in your mother tongue Cool ! But first I will have to get to this school (Tomas Garigue Masaryk´s university in Brno).
arnt
Veteran

PostPosted: 11.01.2005 16:10    Post subject: How I came to be a fan... Reply with quote

That's a touching story Smile

Just wonder why he ended up in Lillehammer, instead of studying in Trondheim. Still, nice story...

I wasn't really a much of a footie fan. When I was young, and obviously less wise, boy I didn't even know Rosenborg was Trondheim's club.
I liked Viking because I thought the name was cool and whenever someone asked me what my favourite team was, I always answered Tottenham (for no other reason than having staid there for a fortnight when I was seven. Apart from that I didn't really care. Never watched a game or anything.

But when I moved to Scotland at the age of 25, I came to a people with an altogether different attitude towards football. It was more or less impossible to not have an opinion on football and still be considered a man. The most common question anywhere (and the most crucial question to answer when meeting new people) was; "So, are ye a Rangers or Celtic fan, then?" and the most common reaction when being told I was a Norwegian was; "Harald Martin Brattbakk! He's a great player / He's a wee tosser" (depending on who the questioner was a fan of).

Surrounded by all this football madness, I couldn't help beginning to take an interest.
Nei, der skal Kugle til en Thrønder!"

Last edited by arnt on 29.04.2005 08:02; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hep710
Junior

PostPosted: 15.01.2005 02:07    Post subject: US Rosenborg Fan! Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

My name is Jeff and I am a Rosenborg fan writing from sunny California, USA. I went to school at the University of Wyoming where I met some of my closest friends, many of which are from Norway. Trying to be a football fan (without helmets and pads) in Wyoming is no easy task. To my delight, my Norwegian friends were more than happy to discuss and argue football with me. I had heard of RBK, but my friend Dag turned me into the biggest Rosenborg fan in the US. I have been to Lerkendal twice, I have three jerseys (2 Roar Strand and a Robbie Russell), and even know some of the players birthdays. I listen to the games on the radio when I can and manage to understand some of what is going on. Like our young friend whose story inspired this "subject," I too am learning your language a bit. So, here is to another great season! RBK!!!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 16.01.2005 00:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to this forum, Jeff!

It's great to hear your interesting story! Norwegians abroad are good ambassadors of Norwegian football, and it's great that they managed to convince you to begin supporting "our" club. RBK

By the way, I do hope the English services we at Rosenborg Web provide are something you guys find interestting. I think it's a shame that the club itself doesn't have a brief English version of their official website. In the "glory days" in the Champions League, around Y2K, they had an English version at rbk.no, updated regularly by an Englishman translating news into English etc.

I don't think the club has any plans of such a "comeback". Instead you should cope with us at Rosenborg Web. Cool
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 23.01.2005 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I admire you who work hard learning Norwegian. I think Norwegian must very hard to learn for foreigners, both on the oral and the written part.

E.g. does the pronouncement of letters vary a good deal from word to word; the "o sound" in ost is a different from the one in orgel. And since there are not strict rules on this, "pupils" will have problems pronouncing "new" words - you will have to ask a local to be sure.

And then we have the written part, with two written languages; bokmål and nynorsk. For locals the differences between these two don't seem that big, but for people unfamilar with Norwegian this have to be quite "tricky".

Any comments on this? Have your say! RBK
Jarle-RBK-
Junior

PostPosted: 20.02.2005 00:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm Jarle from Germany. Well my Story is quite simple. As you see in my name i'm a bit dedicated to Norway, alltough my parents are both germans, they gave me that norwegian name, because they like Scnadinavia but especially Norway , its Culture, Landscape and Stuff. So do I! And i'm a great Football Fan, so i began reading Results of Norwegian National Team and Tippeligaen. Rosenborg is THE name for norwegian football abroad of norway so i began being a fan of them, and ofcourse because they're playing in the CL and so i can watch their games. Im not a Only-Winners-Team-Fan, but i collected so many Information about RBK and began to like them, Infos about other norwegian clubs are hard to find because theyre not playing international. Ofcourse another reason is the city trondheim which is great, i been there already. So im a RBK fan since 5 years. I have some jerseys from RBK and National TEam of NOrway, but they are hard to find, my favorite player is Frode Johnsen, do you know where to get a jersey of RBK (or National Team) of F.Johnsen?

Ofcourse i have a favorite club in Germany, 1.Fc Kaiserlsautern, you know it?!

I cant speak Norwegian but if i would have more time i would begin learning it.

Well thats was my story Razz
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 20.02.2005 09:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to this forum, Jarle - great story!

Jarle-RBK- wrote:
do you know where to get a jersey of RBK (or National Team) of F.Johnsen?

Rosenborg's Champions League shirt (will be used this season too) is on sale: 498 NOK. You can contact sjappa@kjernen.com and ask weither they can send shirt(s) to Germany or not.

I'll think they can! :tommel:
Jarle-RBK-
Junior

PostPosted: 20.02.2005 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thank you, but to what Shop, or Webpage does that Emailadress belong? Got any URL's?
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 20.02.2005 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supporters' club Kjernen: www.kjernen.com - they (we) are a official reseller of original Rosenborg supporter gear. Smile
Czech rbk fan
Senior

PostPosted: 10.03.2005 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarle-RBK- wrote:
Hey,

I'm Jarle from Germany. Well my Story is quite simple. As you see in my name i'm a bit dedicated to Norway, alltough my parents are both germans, they gave me that norwegian name, because they like Scnadinavia but especially Norway , its Culture, Landscape and Stuff. So do I! And i'm a great Football Fan, so i began reading Results of Norwegian National Team and Tippeligaen. Rosenborg is THE name for norwegian football abroad of norway so i began being a fan of them, and ofcourse because they're playing in the CL and so i can watch their games. Im not a Only-Winners-Team-Fan, but i collected so many Information about RBK and began to like them, Infos about other norwegian clubs are hard to find because theyre not playing international. Ofcourse another reason is the city trondheim which is great, i been there already. So im a RBK fan since 5 years. I have some jerseys from RBK and National TEam of NOrway, but they are hard to find, my favorite player is Frode Johnsen, do you know where to get a jersey of RBK (or National Team) of F.Johnsen?

Ofcourse i have a favorite club in Germany, 1.Fc Kaiserlsautern, you know it?!

I cant speak Norwegian but if i would have more time i would begin learning it.

Well thats was my story Razz

Welcome among us, Jarle! We all fans who don´t live in Norway are considered by strange in our own countries. What about you? What do you friends mean about you (like fan of Rosenborg)?
Jarle-RBK-
Junior

PostPosted: 13.03.2005 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean what are my friends thinking about me being a RBK-Fan?

Well, not very much of my friends know that i'm a RBK-Fan, because most of them arent interested in football, sadly.

But my best friend (We're always talking about football) knows that and, well he doesnt think im crazy or something, but he was wondering about the fact, that im RBK Fan, but now he is used to it.

And yours?
snacksy_3
Junior

PostPosted: 14.04.2005 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!! Rosenborg fans from Germany and Chz!!! Great!!! Very Happy
Funny to see how many who actually LOVES RBK!!! Razz

VIF= Vinner Ingen Kamper!!!
The Australian
Junior

PostPosted: 20.04.2005 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support Rosenborg because they are a champion club which wears the black and white. I have seen RBk defeat Start in Trondheim in 02, and last Sunday watched them beat Bodo/Glimt. 2 starts, 2 wins. Each time I visit Norway I try to see this champion side play. They carry the same colours as Collingwood Football Club in Australia, and for this reason I support RBK.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 20.04.2005 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to this forum, The Australian!

It is really great to have users from all over the world! Cool

Were you really in Bodø this weekend, watching Rosenborg? Impressive!
arnt
Veteran

PostPosted: 29.04.2005 08:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Australian wrote:
They carry the same colours as Collingwood Football Club in Australia, and for this reason I support RBK.

A reason as good as any mate. RBK RBK RBK

I'm sure Trolls and Magpies go together just fine Very Happy
Nei, der skal Kugle til en Thrønder!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mph
Junior

PostPosted: 15.05.2005 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have allways been a rosenborg fan
surge
Junior

PostPosted: 25.05.2005 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to Rossenborg fans.

I live in England and have followed Rossenborg since a friend sent me an RBK scarf and and shirt (about 4 years). The shirt is no 22 Brattbakk who is my favourite player of course. Watched them play Arsenal (on T.V.) in the Champions League where Brattbakk set up RBK's goal from a free kick.
Anyway, I run a junior football team......well 2 actually....and wear my RBK shirt all the time. Loads of people ask me about the shirt, I also wear it when I go to watch my favourite English (Crewe Alexandra) play, along with a Crewe shirt.
Our friend lives in Trondheim, well she did, but I'm not too sure now as we have not heard from her for quite a while. Maybe someone could help us to find her?

Anyway, I hope RBK have a great season and I will continue to look out for their results. RBK
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 25.05.2005 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, surge!

Great to see that we have supporters on the wrong side of the North Sea too! Razz

By the way, you can search for your friend in the Norwegian telephone directory on-line.
surge
Junior

PostPosted: 26.05.2005 14:31    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome 2mas.

I'm sorry I spelt Rosenborg wrong!! Thanks also for the link to the telephone directory.

Did you see the Liverpool game last night? What a come back and has anyone there heard of Crewe Alexandra? Very Happy
Harald
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 26.05.2005 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the club has had some great talents whereof Dean Ashton and Seth Johnson are two good examples. Kenny Lunt is also a player, who I think is very talented.
I also remember that your manager has been with you for a very long time.
Thats my limited knowledge about Crewe Alexandra Smile

Medlem nr. 2477
Sondre
Senior

PostPosted: 26.05.2005 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Surge, I watched the L`pool match yesterday. Must say, the iron - will the players showed after the break was incredible! Dudek, who had a bad season, really proved his criticism wrong. Steven Gerrars shows how talented player he is, not only as a player, but also as a leader. Seeing him lift that trophy was something I really enjoyed watching. But, off course, see a norwegian player lift that trophy, for the first time since Solskjær in 99, was fun. And, wether or not we like Riise, I think anyone of us felt proud of having a norwegian playing the whole match!

Back to topic;
The reason why I became a RBK fan is something I can`t answer. I`ll guess I always liked them. Since I`m not that old(17) I grew up during their prime time during the 90`s, and therefore its always been RBK.
surge
Junior

PostPosted: 26.05.2005 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harald, your knowledge Crewe Alex is very impressive. I can't believe you have heard of Seth Johnson and kenny Lunt.
Crewe are not a very fashionable team here, we are quite small (7,500 average home gate) for the league we play in. We stopped up last season on goal difference (1 goal) so I think unless we get some new players it will be tough next season.

Yes Dario Gradi has been at the club for 22 years this summer, some fans believe it is time for him to move over and let a different man take charge.

I like Riise he has scored some wonderful goals and has a sweet left foot!!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 01.06.2005 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what I found: An Hungarian RBK site Surprised
Christian
Senior

PostPosted: 14.06.2005 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Norway-Supporter since I´ve celebrated the 17th of May with some Norwegians on vacation in Mallorca... Rolling Eyes (at this time I was about 6 or 7). They were so nice people that I stated to support Norway where I just could (e.g. Biathlon: Ole Einar and Halvard). One year later RBK kicked Milan´s ass and this was the turning point: I tried to get information about Rosenborg everywhere, but without the Internet I had a quite small chance. In 2000 I turned "on the Net", found the RBK-page and became a meber of RBK. Since that I was twice in Trondheim (wonderful city) and three times at Lerkendal. Now I plan a website about my norwegian interests, focused on Biathlon and Rosenborg! I´ll tell you when it is finished! Wink
BTW, you´ll see me also in the Norwegian forums in the next time, for I´ve learned a bit Norwegian and try to use it... Razz RBK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb